Is there anyway i can get all the transitions of a Project using RestAPI?

kamal kumar das August 13, 2018

I want to change the transition  of issue using 'Rest API' for my automation release tool. Is there any way i can get all the transitions of a project using RESTAPI

3 answers

1 vote
WW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2020

I have no idea if this is documented anywhere, but I came across it a while back in some search somewhere.  Here's what I have found that will give you workflow info.  Still haven't found a way to grab workflow diagram images in bulk, but maybe one day!

(Of course you'll substitute your base URL, project key, and workflow name where appropriate.  You might also need to be a Jira admin to get the info, but I'm not sure.)

• This returns the workflow scheme for a given project.
    • JIRA_BASE_URL/rest/projectconfig/1/workflowscheme/PROJECT_KEY
  • This returns all the details about the workflow with the given name and for the given project.
    • JIRA_BASE_URL/rest/projectconfig/1/workflow?workflowName=WORKFLOW_NAME&projectKey=PROJECT_KEY
  • This returns all the details about the workflow with the given name and for the given project. (Might get XSRF error, but if you don't, you'll get better results than the other one above)
    • JIRA_BASE_URL/rest/workflowDesigner/latest/workflows?workflowName=WORKFLOW_NAME&projectKey=PROJECT_KEY
mararn1618 _secretbakery.io_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 4, 2021

@WW Thanks, the best I have found so far. 👍

Like WW likes this
1 vote
Quest Henkart May 8, 2019

it does seem strange that we are able to set a transition id on issue creation, but there is no way to get the list of possible transition Ids beforehand

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2018

Hello,

I guess what you want, you want to get all transitions, wich are available for an issue in a project. If so, then you should use GET /rest/api/2/issue/{issueIdOrKey}/transitions

You can find more info here:

https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/7.11.2/?_ga=2.212929556.1285141952.1534141867-1659643416.1506407535#api/2/issue-getTransitions

kamal kumar das August 13, 2018

Thanks for you quick reply Alexey.

This is for a particular issue. But i want to know how many transitions for that project itself. Do you have any idea.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2018

Tranisitions are entities of workflows. And you attach workflows to projects. Projects do not have any statuses. Issues have statuses. That is why you transition issues, not projects. If you want to know all transisitons for a project, then you have to choose all workflows for a project and then choose all transitions within these workflows. Are you sure you need this info?

李冲 September 2, 2018

@Alexey Matveev I have the same requirement to get all the transitions for one project. Can you help give me some guide on how to get that? what does workflow mean? thanks.

Like Colt McCormack likes this
Partibha Rani December 11, 2018

@Alexey Matveev [cPrime] I have the same requirement. Can you please update us on this? How can I get all the transition of Project. I can get all workflows using /rest/api/3/workflow API but I cant get transitions. Please reply on this.

Like Colt McCormack likes this
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2019

I think what you are asking is to get all transitions for a workflow not for a project. If so, then I do not know how it is possible currently

Suggest an answer