Is there any way to hide current trasition In All-To-All transition workflow

Sudheer Kumar Vempala April 10, 2018

The All-to-All transition workflow shows the current transition step in Issue view screen.

Here is the case. We have open, In progress, resolve, close all can transit to all.

But in Issue view screen It shows current transition also, Like If I hit Start progress(In Progress) In view Issue screen It shows current transition along with all other transition steps.

Is there any to hide the current transition step. If It is In "In progress" In view Issue screen It shouldn`t show 

Work flow2.PNG

Work flow.PNG

2 answers

2 votes
Pavel Rusakov August 18, 2021

Hello!You can add condition "Simple scripted condition(scriptrunner)" on "all to" transition

!(issue.status.name in ["Cancelled", "Done"])
Jeramy S August 23, 2022

Is there a way to do this without ScriptRunner?

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2018

You should add a condition to the transition. Open the required transition, choose the Conditions tab and , for example, add the User Is In Project Role condition. This condition will let the transition to be viewable only to users in the chosen role.

You can find more info here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/advanced-workflow-configuration-776636620.html

Sudheer Kumar Vempala April 10, 2018

Thanks for your response.

My requirement is not to restrict the transition button to a particular user or group. It is looks weird when you are using all to all transit work flow, It shows the current status also.

In my case If I already hit the "Start Progress(In progress)" transition so status changes to "In progress" but in the view screen "Start Progress" button appears which is already I am In. There no point of showing the current transition button in the  view screen. 

I am looking for a solution to hide current status for All-to-All transition workflow.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2018

Ok, I see. You have two choices:

1. Do not use All-to-All transitions. In this case you would need to add Status from Status transitions

2. Use add-ons like ScriptRunner or Power Scripts to write your own custom condition, where you would hide a transition, if the status of the issue equals to  the name of the transition.

Sudheer Kumar Vempala April 11, 2018

I got a solution and It is  working.

Like Jeramy S likes this
Andreas_Lekas November 20, 2019

@Sudheer Kumar Vempala What was your solution? I am interested in the same thing.

Like # people like this
Sudheer Vempala November 20, 2019

@Andreas_Lekas 

Use a condition on the transition.-->Value field (advance workflow-->condition)

example  Status != "In progress"

The workflow button will be hidden when Status = In Progress.

-Cheers

Like # people like this
hemanth kumar February 17, 2020

@Sudheer Kumar Vempala 

Did you use any plugin ?

Marcel Brückner February 26, 2020

He apparently does as Jira doesn't offer such a condition. We are using https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/5048/jsu-automation-suite-for-jira-workflows for this feature.

Like # people like this
hemanth kumar February 27, 2020

webks GmbH August 6, 2020

Well it would be helpful then to have a Jira feature request for such a condition or to exclude the current status if it's the same... I think it simply doesn't make sense at all?

Suggest an answer