Is there any report in Jira for iteration planning to see how many hours available capacity team has

neelam annad January 19, 2020

Is there any report in Jira for iteration planning to see how many hours each Resource has and how many hours hours are left? I need before the sprint start.

for example- if the below data is there and all the resources has 60 hrs total capacity-

name         sub-task.     Hours consumed

neelam.      coding.        5

jen.              Testing.       4

mahika.       Test plan.    4

mahika.        Defect.       6

neelam.        Testing.      4

jen.                Review.       4

report I want-

name.          Total capacity.       Hours consumed

mahika.        60.                          10

neelam.        60.                           9

jen.               60.                           8

2 answers

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 21, 2020
0 votes
Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2020

Hello @neelam annad

Unfortunately, Jira out of the box does not have the concept of a resource's capacity. For this functionality, Atlassian provides Portfolio for Jira in which you can create teams, manage their capacities and plan your future roadmaps. 

You can try the add-on for free for 30 days before committing to it.

If this is not preferred, there are other add-ons that the community has suggested in a previous post.

Hope this helps,

Danny 

neelam annad January 19, 2020

I am using Portfolio plug-in and Couldn’t able to understand as how plugin calculates capacity. When we do the calculation in excel it works fine but the same in team plan says over burn...no matter if we try with story points or hours

can you help as how Jira portfolio plug-in does the over burn calculation in terms of story points and hours..

what should we do to match excel calculation with what team plan says...

Suggest an answer