Is there any public facing dashboard add-on available

Baybars Kumbasar October 25, 2017

Hi,

I need to find a way to create a public facing dashboard, just like "Jira Service Desk" customer portal for a "project management" type project.

The people who needs to display the dashboard are NOT Jira agents; This seems to be the most important limitation. 

AFAIK, there's no way to do this by default but  I'm hoping there are some add-ons that will allow me to do so. 

Does anyone have experience doing this? 

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2017

Hi Baybars,

You would want to set up your project to have anonymous access:

Allowing anonymous access to your project

Keep in mind that then this means that anyone on the internet can access that project and create requests. It will also mean that search engines can crawl your page and index it, unless you set up something like a robots.txt file to block them. This is not possible in Cloud, in case you have Cloud.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Baybars Kumbasar October 26, 2017

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for the information, we do use on-prem JIRA, but that's way too much to expose for us. I only want to expose limited amount of data, like the status of the projects etc. 

Like Amanda McGivern likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2017

Thank you for clarifying.

The reason Jira Service Desk works this way is because we created a special Service Desk Customer role that allows them to login and create a ticket that way without having a Jira license.

What kind of information were you thinking of including on the public dash? You don't need them to be able to create or view tickets, and you want this open to anonymous users? 

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Baybars Kumbasar October 26, 2017

First of all, I prefer the dashboard to be a "project management" type if possible not service desk. But that's not a deal breaker. 

The information I'd like to display in the dashboard is:

1) All the issues (summary field), their status, remaining time, 
2) sub tasks (summary field), status, remaining time, maybe a few other custom fields

If the user selects any one of the issues/sub tasks, I'd like her to be able to see more details such as the last comments (just like JSD dashboard).

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 27, 2017

Hi Baybars,

The information you mentioned all needs to be done using Browse Projects access. So the user has to be an existing user in Jira with access to view the project, or the project needs to have allowed anonymous users to have Browse access.

When you mention "the user" do you mean one of your Jira users or a public user (which is an anonymous internet user)?

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Baybars Kumbasar October 27, 2017

I see. 

"When you mention "the user" do you mean one of your Jira users or a public user (which is an anonymous internet user)?"

Initially, I was thinking of just a regular user with no application access to JIRA service desk (not a member of "jira-users). That doesn't seem to be possible correct? 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 30, 2017

Hi Baybars,

By 'user' I mean the person that you intend to have access the dashboard.

If the person is not a member of jira-users, then they don't hold a Jira license, and are then considered to be an anonymous internet user. Without Jira access, it's not possible to control permissions for that person, unfortunately.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Baybars Kumbasar October 30, 2017

Thanks Shannon for Clarification. 

Suggest an answer