• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there an easy way to create a confluence page from a Jira ticket?

We want to start using confluence to document work on tickets more. Right now much of the documentation goes in the description or in comments, but since Jira does't support more structured documents like spreadsheets/tables very well (i.e. you can't easily add a simple checklist), we'd like to move some of that to confluence.

Is there any way to quickly create a confluence page from a ticket? I see a way to link to an existing confluence page, but no way to create one from scratch.

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Benjamin,

Thanks for reaching out to Community!

When using Jira, there is an option to create Confluence pages from a Service Desk ticket only, because the project is directly linked to a space.

Software and Business projects don't have the Knowledgebase feature, so we can only link a Confluence page and not create a new page.

As your question is marked as Jira, so I'm not sure if you need help with a specific type of project or all projects. Below are the steps to create a page from a Service Desk ticket:

New issue view:

Screen Recording 2020-01-06 at 12.32 PM.gif

Old issue view:

Screen Recording 2020-01-06 at 12.31 PM.gif

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you