Is there an automation to remove a specific label of an issue removed from a active sprint?

Lucas Ferreira May 2, 2024

Hey all!

I have an automation set for add the label 'Added-Mid-Sprint' to any issue that gets included in an active sprint.

However, sometimes those 'added mid sprint issues' roll over to the next sprint, what makes the label 'Added-Mid-Sprint' to loose its sense fo those issues.

With that said, I'd like to also have an automation for the opposite way, meaning, an automation to remove that 'Added-Mid-Sprint' label to whenever a issue gets removed from an active sprint AND/OR for issues that roll over to the next.

Is that feasible?

Note: Current automation I have to add the label \/

Automation.png

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2024

Hi @Lucas Ferreira 

I suggest ignoring the label for issues removed from the active sprint...until a new sprint starts.

That will enable the team to review what happened during the sprint in your retrospective, and more easily see potential improvement opportunities.

Then create a new automation rule, triggered on Sprint Started, and branch over the issues in the sprint to remove the label, using the Edit Issue action with the ADD / REMOVE option.

Kind regards,
Bill

Hey @Bill Sheboy that sounds interesting. Can you help me configuring that automation triggered by the Sprint Started you mentioned?

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2024

Certainly; it is essentially what I described:

• trigger: sprint started
  • branch: to issues in sprint
    • edit issue: selecting the Labels field, the option for ADD / REMOVE on the right side, and entering your value to remove
Like Lucas Ferreira likes this

@Bill Sheboy awesome! I was confused about the branch! Thank you!

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
0 votes
karim -Atlassway-
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 2, 2024

Hi @Lucas Ferreira ,

It's possible, using automation rules you can Automate the label management process

Try out Colored Label ManagerLearn how to use labels the right way using simple functions like reorder, edit, rename, merge and delete, report on labels and more.

Atlassway Team

Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2024

Hi @Lucas Ferreira 

1. Create a New Rule: Click on "Create rule" to start creating a new automation rule.

2. Trigger: Choose the trigger "Issue transitioned" or "Sprint field changed". If you choose "Issue transitioned", specify the transition that moves the issue out of the active sprint. If you choose "Sprint field changed", specify the condition that the issue is moved out of the active sprint.

3. Conditions (Optional): You may set additional conditions if needed, for example, to ensure that the issue has a specific label before removing it.

4. Action: Define the action to remove the specific label from the issue. Here's how you can do it:

• Choose "Edit issue" as the action.
    • Select the field "Labels".
    • Use Jira smart values to specify the new value of the Labels field. You can remove a specific label using the remove function. For example, if the label you want to remove is "OldLabel", you can use something like {{issue.Labels.remove("OldLabel")}}.
    • Map the updated value to the Labels field.

Hey @Manoj Gangwar thankss!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events