Is there a way to write a filter to pull information from linked issues from specified issues?

Kayla Robitaille December 10, 2019

I'm trying to filter out specific linked issues from a set of specified issues... 

Example: 

We have a field called "Authoring team". I filter on the "Authoring teams" in our org but some of their issues have linked issues where the "Authoring team" belongs to an "Authoring team" outside of our org. 

Is there a way to write a filter that will pull those linked issues that have different "Authoring teams" than the ones I have specified? 

2 answers

2 votes
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 10, 2019

Hi Kayla,

Sadly query for linked issues is quite limited using native JQL functions, you must go for a third-party app instead. Using i.e JQL Booster Pack you can type the following:

Find issues where 'Authoring team' field has 'Some Value' but remove those issues in which their linked issues has a different value.

"Authoring Team" = "Some Value" and issue NOT IN linkedIssuesOf("'Authoring Team' != 'Some Value'")

* This is only an example, please provide us with more information about your current filter (some images can hel here). I would really glad to further refine this query to fits your needs.

References:

Hope this answer helps you,

Kind regards

1 vote
Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2019

Unfortunately you need a plugin to achieve this target. You can see different available plugins in market. I can answer your query based on the plugins which i have used till now.

I have  JQL Search Extensions for Jira & reports  plugin and using it since long time., its available for both server and cloud.

Its very useful and have rich queries, following query can help you to get the required information.

Following query will get all issues belongs to team1 which have linked issues and they do not belongs to team1. You can play with the query as per your needs

team1: your authoring team

issue in links("'Authoring Team' !~ team1") and "Authoring Team" ~ "team1"

Reference:

https://jqlsearchextensions.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SEARCH/pages/30497099/JQL+Reference+Server#JQLReference(Server)-LinkedBy([linktype],jql-queryorissuekeys)

Suggest an answer