Is there a way to use scrumban in jira?

Greg Rivet May 28, 2015

We are having great success with the use of Kanban within the iterative cycles that we are employing in projects. We have seen marked changes to completion events since we started the combination approach. Is there a way to do this in JIRA Agile? Right out of the box, it would seem that you can choose either Scrum or Kanban, but not Scrum and Kanban. Suggestions are welcomed...

4 answers

2 votes
Piotr Król May 12, 2017

Hi all,

I'm also interested in scrumban. Iteration + project backlog works great for us when using Kanban flow on Trello. Unfortunately with project growth we getting limits of Trello - feature set in reporting and pricing do not fit our needs.

I believe JIRA give customiztion level to introduce iterative Kanban with backlock, but it woudl be great to have blog post or some official note how to implement that.

0 votes
Javier Salvay April 25, 2017

Hi guys, I'm looking for the same thing, scrumban in JIRA Server. I was not able to find any add-in or information. Any update?

0 votes
Pooja Mungi August 21, 2016

Hi,

Can scrumban be implemented in Jira? 

Is it possible to to use JIRA for Hybrid SDLC? Hybrid of Waterfaall and Agile? 

0 votes
Rick Jones June 3, 2015

I'm looking into this as well. Just had a quick look and seems you can use a scrum board with column constraints. Does this help?

Suggest an answer