Is there a way to update closed ticket time (last modified date)?

Sally Abd Elrahman June 15, 2021

Hello

Is there a way to update last modified date (closed time) for Jira service desk? 

regards

sally 

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2021

Hi @Sally Abd Elrahman

referring to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-65502 importing and therefore updating the "Resolved Date field" is working meanwhile in Jira Cloud, however there are some things to consider - please refer to the linked Bug.

On the other side, updating the "Date updated" field could still be a thing, there is still an unprocessed Suggestion open:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-64492

I was not able to 100% determine which fields of your import should correspond with which existing fields for your Jira instance - so please feel free to compare with the information above and double check.

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2021

Hi @Sally Abd Elrahman  If you have a Script Runner or something like that you can write a script to change the last modifed date OR

you can do one thing export issues which you want to update in csv, edit csv file and upload the file to update existing issues. 

Thanks!

Sally Abd Elrahman June 17, 2021

Thanks for your reply

I tried your solution , I downloaded the issues into CSV file, updated the last updated date with correct one, then uploaded it again.

But the thing is it is always taking "Now date & time" as last updated date

As you can see in screen shot, I mapped the updated date as June 2020 but the ticket was created with date 2021

Any idea how to overcome this point?2021-06-17_14-19-04.png

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2021

Hi @Sally Abd Elrahman  Thanks for the screenshot. I had performed same thing for one of my user. Select Date Modified instead of updated.

Use External System Import.

Date.PNG

Sally Abd Elrahman June 17, 2021

Yes this is what I'm doing in the first step, I'm mapping the field to the date modified

But when the import task is completed, it is showing the date as Now date, not as the date in excel 

Nathan Neulinger February 10, 2022

Did you ever get a resolution? This looks like the same issue as https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CLOUD-11160 and Atlassian doesn't even consider the behavior a bug when I submitted a support case on it recently. Just "Submit a feature request" that will of couse be ignored like every other feature request. 

Suggest an answer