Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Is there a way to stop timer when original estimate time is meet?

Hello,

I hope everyone is doing fine. Is there any way to stop the timer when original estimate hours are met. For e.g. the developers has given 4 hours in the original estimate field and the timer is running in the background. When these 4 hours are completed, I want the timer to stop automatically. Any additional time will be logged manually. 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras Community Leader Jun 10, 2022

Hi @Hizkeel Khan 

What kind of timer are you referring to? Jira doesn't have a built in timer per se. It count the days a ticket stays within a kanban column, as some other dates, but that's it. Is this timer an app?

@Alex Koxaras - I'm using third party app "Clockwork". I know Jira is not supporting any timer. Is there any any I can achieve what I want or any work around that? I know it's a bit of different scenario but I was wondering if there is some way I can achieve this.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you