Is there a way to set default comment visibility in Jira Cloud?

Diogo Teles January 13, 2020

I am setting up a new project to manage a production line. I would like to allow comments, by default, to only be viewed by the comment creator and people in a specific group (of which comment creator is not part).

Example:

1. User A writes a comment,
  2. Admin group is are able to see the comments from all users, but user A can only see his own comments, not other users.

Is there a way to do this, using default Jira cloud features or with the automation addon?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

Hello Diogo,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

When using Jira Software or Core we can select a group to share the comments, but currently, this option will be public by default, it's not possible to change that.

There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regarding the Automation for Jira add-on, I checked and there is no option to change the comment visibility.

Regards,
Angélica

Diogo Teles January 14, 2020

Hi Angélica,

Thank you for looking into this. I thought there would be more interest in this feature. I'll keep an eye out for any future developments. I'll just disable commenting on a base user level for now in that project.

Kind regards,

Diogo

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer