Is there a way to see all connected issue types to custom field?

Inbar Levi November 25, 2018

At the custom fields screen (Jira admin), we can see the Type , Available Context(s) and Screens. Is there a way to see all connected issue types to custom field as well? 

I want to make order at the fields and connect each one of them to the right project and issue type via Context(s) options.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2018

Hi @Inbar Levi

If you have access to you database try:

select 
p.pkey as project,
concat(p.pkey, '-',ji.issuenum) as issue,
it.pname as issuetype,
cf.cfname as customfield,
stringvalue, datevalue, numbervalue, textvalue
from jiraissue ji, project p, customfield cf, customfieldvalue cfv, issuetype it
where ji.project = p.id
and cfv.issue = ji.id
and cfv.customfield = cf.id
and ji.issuetype = it.id
Inbar Levi December 4, 2018

@Tom Lister 

Thanks! but I need the output of this to be based on issue type - not issue. can you help?

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2018

Hi 

issuetype is returned so you can filter on that.

did you want a query based on the custom field contexts

@Tom Lister

Hey,

When I used your code, it returns all the data I have on my data base (28 GB) , its very hard to handle such big file.

I need code that return only custom field -> linked to issuetype without duplicates (like select distinct at sql)

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2018

I see what you mean

try with values and issues stripped out

select distinct
p.pkey as project,

it.pname as issuetype,
cf.cfname as customfield,
count(cf.cfname)
from jiraissue ji, project p, customfield cf, customfieldvalue cfv, issuetype it
where ji.project = p.id
and cfv.issue = ji.id
and cfv.customfield = cf.id
and ji.issuetype = it.id
group by p.pkey, it.pname, cf.cfname

@Tom Lister

Thank you so much!! it worked!!!  :)

aarti rajput August 4, 2020

I have tried this query but its not giving me any output, only header is there.

Any suggestion why so.

0 votes
Inbar Levi November 26, 2018

@Sreenivasaraju P Thanks but that is not what I need , I need to go over all custom fields and find what is the connected issue type/project and then insert it to the context(s) by myself . is there a way to find it easily? 

0 votes
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2018

@Inbar Levi,

Yes. You can see the configured issue types under custom field. 

Under available context(s), you can see the icons of the configured issue types

But the admin need to make sure they configure the issue types in their context or it will show as Issue type(s):Global (all issues)

custom fields.PNG

Suggest an answer