Is there a way to search for all user accounts that are locked or have the CATCHA required to access

Our site is using LDAP authentication to an Active Directory which requires a password be changed periodically. Whenever someone changes their password it is temporarily out of sync with the cahced values in JIRA that respond with an incorrect password or user error message. I'd like to be able to find all of the users that are locked, but I don't see any means to filter on this in the User Management screen. Does anyone know of a UI method or a SQL query that could isolate user accounts that are locked?

1 answer

0 votes
Rachel Wright Community Champion Jun 30, 2017

Hi Michael,

Try the "cwd_user_attributes" table in the database.  In the "attribute_name" column, look for values like:  login.currentFailedCount, requiresPasswordChange, password.reset.request.expiry, and password.reset.request.token

I'm no DBA, but here's a MySQL query I use to get all login related details:

SELECT u.id, u.display_name, u.user_name, u.email_address, u.created_date, u.active, a.attribute_name, a.attribute_value FROM
cwd_user u, cwd_user_attributes a WHERE
u.id = a.user_id ORDER BY display_name ASC

Hope this helps or leads you in the right direction,

Rachel Wright

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

26,935 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you