Is there a way to right-align epics in the backlog view for a next gen scrum project?

Roderick Buttermore November 9, 2020

This drives me crazy. I'd like to have the top screenshot from a next gen project  look like the bottom screenshot from a classic project. Is there a setting for this somewhere?

2020-11-09 12_19_10-Pork Chop Express - Agile board - Jira.png2020-11-09 12_18_48-FRM board - Agile Board - Jira.png

2 answers

0 votes
Adam Karmiński February 9, 2021

@Roderick Buttermore - hi again! I've actually found a work-around. I don't know if you're familiar with adding custom CSS styles to websites, but if you're not - just ask someone from your IT friends for help.

It's actually very simple:

1. Download a "user CSS" extension for your browser (e.g. Stylebot for Chrome)

2. Navigate to your Jira

3. Open Stylebot and paste this code: div[data-test-id^="software-backlog.card-list.card.content-container"] div div div { justify-content: space-between;}

That's it! It doesn't work perfectly, as it's a workaround, but it does the job for me. Hope it helps!

0 votes
Adam Karmiński January 29, 2021

@Roderick Buttermore Yes, it's extremely frustrating and confusing. 🙄  "New" is not always "better".

The worst part is that Atlassian started using https://compiledcssinjs.com/, which makes it basically impossible to overwrite some of the website's CSS styles definitions.

I really wish someone from the UX team reads this and makes the epic links aligned to the right... Or at least make it a user preference.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events