Is there a way to restrict users groups from seeing other user group’s task status?

Aira Veronica Dizon January 27, 2020

For example, In my workflow there are 3 groups involved (ex: group 1, group 2, and group 3) Group 1 has a task to "Open", and then Group 2 to "Assign", and then Group 3 will "Approve"

Iet's say group 1 is already done with the "Open" status in the workflow, so now it;s group 2's turn to make the next transition in the workflow which is to "Assign". Is it possible that group 2 wont see the task status of group 1 which is to "Open" and group 3's "Approve"? In short is it possible that only a certain group can only view their part in the workflow and won't see other's task status in the screen? 

For example, I'm in group 2, and I will only see the "Assign", because that's my only part in the workflow. And I wont see the "Open" and "Approve" workflow transition in the screen?

Capture.PNG

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2020

Hi @Aira Veronica Dizon 

In the workflow's transition (the button that you see on the Jira Issue) there is an option to add a condition "User Is In Group".

Your Jira Administrator needs to modify the workflow for doing this.

Ravi

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrej Freeze _ greenique
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2020

Hello @Aira Veronica Dizon 

this sounds like you are not exactly trying to hide the status, but the ability to transition to a target status.

In that case, you will need system administrative priviliges. As soon as you have those, you can navigate to the workflow you are trying to add it, and add conditions to the workflow. A condition hides the transition to users, unless a certain criteria matches. Therefore you can hide the assign transition to anyone who is not in group 2.

You can continue like this, until everything works as expected.

I hope this helped you a little.

Cheers,

Andrej

Suggest an answer