Is there a way to quantify the number of tickets

Priyanka Nimbalkar December 29, 2020

Hi ,

One of the user wants to quantify the number of tickets updated by his team members filtered by project to monitor workloads.

Also user mentioned : 

For our purposes any field being changed on a ticket would count as an update; so updating status, reassigning, adding comments etc would all count as an update, but if multiple fields are updated at once this will need to count as a single update.  

Please can I have some assistance, and if there is any way to implement such functionality ?

Thanks.

3 answers

1 vote
lakshmi_priya December 29, 2020

Hi @Priyanka Nimbalkar ,

I am not sure if this works but my cents . You can use JQL as below . 

project = "your project name" AND updatedDate < now() AND assignee in (your team name or list of assignees) ORDER BY status DESC, Rank ASC

Let me know if this works for you .. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2020

It should do.

For what it's worth "updated" or "updateddate" works exactly as requested.  Jira records all change to an issue, it does each change as a single history item, and the updated date is set to the date of that change.   So, for example, if you transition something and change the resolution and a custom field in the screen, there's one single update logged (with a group of detail about what changed)

Like lakshmi_priya likes this

Thanks @lakshmi_priya for suggestion, I believe this will work fine for sorting tickets based on JQL.

Update from user is somewhat different :

we've got a couple of memebers of our team where we're trying to build some metric analysis, but they don't create, or retain tickets for very long so looking at how many tickets they have assined at any one point isn't an effective way of monitoring their workload, so we want to see how many tickets they've updated over the course of a day/week/month.

So this clears that user wants a way where he can analyse the updates of the tickets from various team members who might be working on different projects !

Is there any functionality in jira to show the number of updates made on tickets ?

lakshmi_priya December 30, 2020

ok .. got your point ..

Did you try out logging work logs instead of just commenting and we can filter out worklogAuthor  even if the assignee is different .

Priyanka Nimbalkar January 4, 2021

Hi ,

I never actually tried this way, could you please elaborate your use case or provide me with any documentation for the same that would guide me better as i dont wanna take any risk on Production Jira in the rush for trying out new solutions.hope that make sense :) .

Thanks.

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2020

issue in issueHistory() and assignee in membersOf("") or reporter in membersOf("") or status was open or status = Open and sprint in openSprints()

Create a group with the required Team members  , and place the group in MembersOf("Groupname")

Which will used to know if any change is happened to ticket by Assignee , or reporter in current sprint 

we can use above information for gadgets.

let me know if it suitable

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2020

hi @Priyanka Nimbalkar ,

So He want to track the Change log also, i mean he want to view the history also. recently we have same kind of requirement also.

We tried the following plugin 

Better Excel Exporter for Jira

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212652/better-excel-exporter-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview 

Please check this

thanks @KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH , focus is on the tickets which are in progress and not the history.

Suggest an answer