I had created a project and added many issues to it and tied them into git with issue tags. Now I am being asked to roll this project up into a component as project on a higher level project. Is this possible or do I have to reenter all the issues on the new component?
You could do it the following way
1. Create a number custom field. Let s say Attr1.
2. Filter all issues in the project which you need to move (project = yourProject).
3. Use bulk edit to set Attr1 to 1.
4. Move all issues from the required project using Bulk Edit (move operation).
5. Filter all issues with Attr1 = 1.
6. Use bulk edit to set components field of the selected issues to the required component.
7. Delete Attr1 custom field.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot