Is there a way to manage work load or tasks without using projects

Manju Choudhary May 5, 2022

I work with a number of clients and as part of that, I keep track of the progress of those tasks in an excel sheet. I do not want to create a project just for this purpose. Is there a more efficient way of managing my tasks in JIRA as it is just for my purpose?

Thanks

3 answers

3 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Short answer is "no".

The way an issue works is determined by the project it belongs to.

You can't manage issues outside a project - they have nowhere to be configured, so they wouldn't be of any use to you!

Thanks Nic.. Appreciate your response

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2022

Hi @Manju Choudhary ,

To manage issues you will need a project. However, it can be quite easy to create projects. Especially if your needs are rather straightforward, e.g. a workflow like to do > in progress > done. I would recommend considering a simple task management template using Team Managed Project.

Thanks for your response Jack

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ditte "Deetah" May 5, 2022

If you are wanting to manage tasks just for yourself, maybe you should check out Trello (different Atlassian product)

Manju Choudhary May 8, 2022

Sure Ditte.. will do that.. thanks

Suggest an answer