Is there a way to make issues change status automatically based on linked issue status?

I've created a new issue type called 'requirement' which may be linked (in a 'depends on' link) to one or more user stories.

When all the user stories that a 'requirement' depends on are resolved, I want the requirement to automatically change its status to resolved as well.

Is there any way to do this?

2 answers

You want JIRA Workflow Toolbox; recently tried it out and it works great.

Please advise me which post function we need to use.

Hey, I already provided it in my answer - I'll put it here again. The instructions state what post functions you need to use and how. :)

Thansk this is great. I am able to fix it .. but run into one more issue. one feature can mapped to mutiple stories. I want to excedue the post function only all stories are resloved.

is there a way to place a validation ?

Hey there,

Yes, you could use either "Condition on linked issues" or "Validation on linked issues"; you add them to the transitions in the feature workflow to prevent it from being transitioned unless the linked issues you dictate meet the criteria you select. Please note that it's based off of status, though, and not resolution (hopefully it still meets your needs). :)

0 vote

You will have to write a workflow post function that finds the dependent issues and progress them in the workflow.

Which post function we need to select ? is there any existing one ?

It only possible with the script. We already worked the same with scripting..........................

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,301 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot