Is there a way to link EPICS to Initiatives?

Peregrine Falcon September 22, 2021

Hi all:

I have read several older threads on this, but not sure if this has changed with the most recent version.

We are trying to create a hierarchy in our JIRA project.  Initiative > epic > story / task. I was able to create the Initiative issue type -- but cannot seem to make it the primary. I am not seeing the setting anywhere. 

Appreciate the help, in advance!

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2021

Hi @Peregrine Falcon

For the hierarchy setup I believe you need advanced roadmaps which is the premium plan.

However you can still manually assign a link relationship between initiatives and epics. However, you need another reporting plugin like structure, bigpicture or eazybi to see the relationships.

Regards 

Thanks, Fabian! Appreciate the quick response. I thought that might be required, was hoping I could do it without a plugin. Thank you though!

0 votes
Jack Lacy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 22, 2021

I had the similar issue with finding some urgent base of info. however, your all the steps helped to find the right location to find info. just like online writing service https://au-assignmenthelp.com/assignment-cover-sheet.html that do much for those students who are being worried about assignment or writing homework stuff.

0 votes
David Wuth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2021

If you have Advanced Roadmaps, the link between an epic and intitiative is the "Parent Link" field.

Thanks, David. We are not using it. So guess I cannot do it. :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events