Is there a way to limit what a user can see in a particular project

tomkx October 3, 2013

Is there a way to define a group of users which are only allowed to view and edit Jiras which they have created?

My use case is that in particular Jira projects I would like to give my external customers the possibility to view and enter Jiras. However, I would like to restrict their view only on those entered by them but not Jiras entered by the internal team.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2013
0 votes
MarkW October 3, 2013

You may want to investigate Issue Level Security. This will require tweaking to your project permission scheme as well. You may also need a validation or post function to say that if user is in X group, to set the issue security as X. I have not gotten to that step to allow a restricted user to see the issue they submitted because the default setting I needed for the issue security scheme was to be restricted. So they could create their issues but not see them until someone else made it visible.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Issue-level+Security

I will definitely follow this question to see if what I think will work actually works :-)

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2013

You can apply a security scheme to the project that limits users to only issues they created unless they are in a particular role.

Suggest an answer