Is there a way to include a list of approvers using a select list in JIRA(no Service Desk)?

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2017

I read in the Atlassian documentation about a feature for the Service Desk to have a select list (multiple choice) for a list of approvers.  Is there anything like this for JIRA software projects (no service desk)? What is the best way to handle approvers in JIRA software without using plugins? Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2017

The multi-user-picker custom field is probably where you want to start here.

Although I'd strongly recommend looking at add-ons to provide things like setting i automatically and building clever workflow conditions and post-functions to use it more effectively (some of them are free)

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2017

Thanks, Nick.  But how should I use the multi-user-picker field?  I created it, but there is no post-function that allows me to notify the people selected in the list, or that triggers the transition once the approvers have approved the issue.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2017

You can name the field in the notification scheme for the project.

When trying to do approvals without Service Desk, you probably want to move the "approve" into the workflow, so that it becomes a transition.

If you want to do it in other ways (like the approvers commenting or ticking boxes), then you will need add-ons.

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2017

Thanks, Nick!  I appreciate the help.

Suggest an answer