Is there a way to hide JIRA add-on options from the header by User Role or Group?

Deleted user September 15, 2016

I've been asked to hide the "Boards" and "Tests" add-on options from the JIRA header for any user that isn't part of certain groups/roles. I know through reading the forums that it is possible to fully hide the options by editing the add-on XML, but is there a way to make it hide-able by user levels? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user September 19, 2016

Thanks for your input and all those examples, @Noam. We are unfortunately on JIRA Cloud. I know there are plug-ins like "Run CLI" that are supposed to allow some code customization, but when I've tried to install them I get blocked by the service. It states that I must have OnDemand in order to run the plug-in, but Cloud is the new OnDemand so not sure what the problem is. I've not had time to debug it at this time, but with input like this it adds more fuel to my fire to be able to get in there and write my own stuff. I'll have to pressure my supervisor to give me the bandwidth or some extra hands to help me get that done. Thanks again.

0 votes
noamdah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2016

This can be done on JIRA server by using the announcement banner, as it allows you to add custom html and javascript to all JIRA pages.

You will need to write a custom code to do so check out these examples before getting started:

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

Example 4

Example 5

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events