Is there a way to group stories within an Epic into sub groups

Christopher Leach April 29, 2021

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a way on the roadmap feature within Jira to allow users to group together story tickets under an epic. So for example you would have the epic with say 4 stories underneath it could I have 3 stories grouped and then 1 in another group. Thanks for the help and guidance as always.

2 answers

1 vote
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2021

Hi, @Christopher Leach !

As I know it is impossible out-of-box in Jira. 

We use external app - Structure - Project Management at Scale , that helps us to create wonderful hierarchies!

You can check it in Sandbox Server.

0 votes
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 30, 2021

HI @Christopher Leach

The other app that will let you not only group stories but also display aggregated values on, e.g., epics level, is BigPicture/BigGantt. The plugin allows you to create a no-limited number of WBS levels. Task Structure can be created based on both build-in task attributes (e.g., Epic link, Component, Version, Sprint) as well as links.

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events