It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a way to get an user's Team through the Rest api?

I want to get the teams a user is in through the rest api. I mean the Teams you can see under a user's profile like:  (https://server.atlassian.net/jira/people/team/teamId)

I'm not talking about the user's groups.

Is this possible?

4 answers

3 votes
Anish Deena Atlassian Team Apr 05, 2020

Hi Henry, while we don't have a way to do that now, it's part of our plans. Curious to understand the use case here to see if we can help in any other way?

hi @Anish Deena is there any update with this ? 

App users are asking if they can get use these teams within the apps.

Anish Deena Atlassian Team Jun 03, 2020

Hello @Evangelos Mantadakis, I'm afraid I don't have a new update to this. We currently don't have public team APIs. Thanks

@Anish Deena, we have a requirement to pull "Shared Team" data via API and create custom reports on Power BI. Could you please guide me on how i can achieve that?

Link to "Shared Team" feature
https://confluence.atlassian.com/advancedroadmapsserver/managing-shared-teams-802170492.html

Like David_Bakkers likes this

I'd love this to be able to sync our JIRA teams with mailing lists, calendar invites, as well as additional tooling to help easily manage guilds/tribes

Any link to issue on API roadmap?

Are you using a third party add-in for that functionality? I haven't heard of that Teams thing being part of native Jira Server or Cloud. It might be part of Atlassian Cloud.

Hi David, 

Teams is available natively on Jira and Confluence cloud editions.

Teams in their current format are not as useful as they could be.

We'd love to allow people to ask 'Teams' for approval on pages from Confluence (using the Approvals for Confluence App), instead of duplicating the functionality ourselves.

Similarly, it would be useful to compare 'Teams' against one another with 'Pulse for Jira', but unfortunately, there is no API available at the moment for this - and it doesn't seem to be coming soon.

This, along with the lack of any inject-able panels in the new User UI makes the changes around 'People' feel half-baked and it locks out developers from this new interface.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you