Is there a way to find out the list of tickets on which only one user has logged the work?

Manish V March 7, 2019

Hi,

I had to find out the list of tickets on which only one particular user has logged work in JIRA.

Eg: There are two users "A" and "B" and two tickets "Key-1" and "Key-2",
Only "A" logs work in "Key-1" and both "A" and "B" log work in "Key-2".

So, "Key-1" is the ticket in which only "A" has logged the work, the wanted result.
While both "A" and "B" has logged work in "Key-2", so that's not wanted in the result.

Is there a JQL query or any other way to find that out?

Please let me know if any additional info is required.

Thank You!

Best Regards,
Manish

1 answer

7 votes
Paweł Gesek
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 7, 2019

Hello Manish

This is pretty weird due to how the worklogAuthor field behaves in Jira, but can be done.  Lets say the user you are interested in is pgesek.

1) First - define a filter for only the users worklogs and save it:

Filter: My Worklog

worklogAuthor = pgesek

This filter shows the tickets the user 'pgesek' has logged time in.

2) Next - define a filter for tickets where other users have logged time in and save it:

Filter: Others Worklog

worklogAuthor != pgesek  

This filter shows tickets that people other than pgesek logged time in (but pgesek still could have logged time into these tickets).

3) Finally just combine the two filters in a third, final filter:

Filter 3: Only Mine Worklog

filter = "My Worklog" AND filter != "Others Worklog"

Strange behavior of this field is more discussed in this ticket: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-60022

Hope this helps. If you need more options for viewing time logged in tickets than what  the filter view in Jira provides, you can use addons. We provide one that allows you to show worklog results by filters, as well as to group or categorize the data: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219004/worklogs-time-reports-for-jira

Cheers,

Paweł

Manish V March 8, 2019

Hi Pawel,

Thank You Very Much for the detailed explanation.
I'm not able to check that because when I search for "worklogAuthor != userId",
that gives an error "An unknown error occurred while trying to perform a search."

I'll do some research to find out how to resolve that issue and then will use the method, which you have mentioned.

Best Regards,
Manish

Suggest an answer