Is there a way to find out if Issue was created via Jira WM forms?

Felix Grodmeier February 22, 2023

Hi, 

we are using Forms in Jira WM to let useres create a requests for our Operations team

In the same project we are creating internal issues that are of the same issue type. 

I would like to create a separate e-mail trigger to the requester, if the issue was created via forms. Does anyone know, if I can find out, if the issue was created via forms? 

Currently I have a workaround that triggers, if the requester is not in the Operations Team user group. 

Thanks in advance! :) 

2 answers

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2024

I know this is an old question, but the same question was asked again today and I found a different answer.

According to an answer on this post, an issue created from a JWM form gets a label "business-form" added to it. I confirmed that is still true. You can check for that value in the Labels field to determine the issue was created by a JWM form.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2023

Hi Felix - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I don't know of a way to know this/do this except to put a unique custom field on the form and make the field required. Then check the value of the field in a condition in your automation. 

Felix Grodmeier February 24, 2023

Hi John, 

thanks for your suggestion!

I will try it out :)

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin