Is there a way to filter inbound emails?

My organization uses Google Apps for Business (which includes Gmail and Google Drive), which includes a handy but annoying "Everyone" group.  Thus, whenever org wide emails get sent to "everyone", my "support@company.com" email address is picked up in this dragnet and my JIRA Service Desk OnDemand instance creates a ticket.

Does JIRA support filtering out messages with a certain recipient in the header or will I need to create a new Distribution group for my ORG and leave support@... out of this new group?  The latter option is less than ideal since there will be a lot of kickback from stakeholders in the company, but if that's the ultimate resolution we'll have to soak up some initial change pain

Thanks!

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

It appears that when you use "everyone" the message then relays to individual mailboxes.

I managed to get a hacky filter put in place, but a few messages kept creeping through and creating tickets.  I'll keep toying around with the filters and report back if a resolution comes together for the benefit of future inquiries.

This widget could not be displayed.
Boris Berenberg Community Champion Jan 12, 2015

What does the To address how up as for those emails? If it is everyone@example.com then yes you can enable a watch email in your mail handler and set it to be support@example.com If that does not work, then maybe you could filter it on the Gmail side of things?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

153 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you