Is there a way to download Jira Server backups from the backup page?

Chris Johnson September 9, 2019

Confluence has a way to enable a setting for downloading backup files to your computer instead of hosting it on the server. Is there a method for doing this in Jira too?

2 answers

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2019

If you're in the same network as the server you can map a network drive to the folder on the server where the backup is stored. Depending on your network setup they may not let you do that. 

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2019

Hi Christopher,

I understand you are looking to be able to download an XML backup from Jira directly to your own machine via the web browser.   This is not something that Jira Server can do.  Although there has been a feature request for this in the past in JRASERVER-39243.  Ultimately, that request was closed as "Won't Do" and Gosia explains in some more detail as to why in her comment on that ticket.

I have also tried to search through our Marketplace listings for a plugin that might help here, but there does not appear to be anything currently in marketplace that seems to be able to provide the functionality I think you are looking for here.

Sorry there isn't a better solution here yet.

Andy

victor_martinez August 22, 2022

I have created again https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-74216 so let's vote

Suggest an answer