Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a way to disable CAPTCHA for a particular user in Jira?

Is there a way to disable CAPTCHA for a particular user in Jira?

8 answers

no answers from atlassian? 

No answer

all or none

If possible would that not be a security whole?

I don't see why it would be a security hole for me as an administrator to designate one account to have captchas disabled. I am attempting to get authentication working for a service account to use the API, and having captchas turned on everytime my login attempts fail a few times is a pain because it means that any future attempts will definitely fail until I clear it.

If using the API would the password be correct everytime?

in theory, yes. I'm trying to configure a 3rd party application to connect to the API. Not really sure why I'm getting authentication errors, but the captcha is slowing my ability to debug the issue.

ahh I see.. hmmm.. I would 1st maybe use a dev instance, what is the 3rd party app?

Yeah, I probably should use a dev instance. I will try that today if my next attempt doesn't work. I'm trying to configure the new Hygieia Dashboard from Capital One.

I wouldn't say it is a security hole.. Plus you would turn it off if connected to Active Directory if it was being used for user management. So would depend on the use case.

But it is all or nothing if using JIRA to manage users

Same problem here. Is there any way to disable this CATPCHA verification for all Service accounts used internally in Bamboo? 

We have same issue on our integration with JIRA using API - from time to time we get capcha validation for service account used for the integration altrough we always use valid user name and password.

Any solution for that?

I would see a possibility to add list of exception in JIRA where admins could add all system accounts to disable cptcha at all for them.

Tim, in your comment you mentioned that you were getting authentication errors and the captcha was being triggered for your service user.  Did you ever figure out why?  I am having the same problem (the password is correct for all requests).

having the same trouble. once every few months the captcha is triggered 

I'm also looking at the possibility of disable for just some specific accounts. 

For some weird reason, my API calls are getting 403 / 401s despite the fact that I'm using correct credentials.  The issue is actually very intermittent. A total failure happens when the CAPTCHA is triggered. Someone has to go to the admin page and reset login count.

It's a huge problem for us right now and I see that some are getting the same authentication failure issue.

Did you find any solution how to fix it? I am struggling with the same issue.
My research tells me that there is no flexible solution. Am I not right?

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you