Is there a way to disable CAPTCHA for a particular user in Jira?

Is there a way to disable CAPTCHA for a particular user in Jira?

3 answers

all or none

If possible would that not be a security whole?

I don't see why it would be a security hole for me as an administrator to designate one account to have captchas disabled. I am attempting to get authentication working for a service account to use the API, and having captchas turned on everytime my login attempts fail a few times is a pain because it means that any future attempts will definitely fail until I clear it.

If using the API would the password be correct everytime?

in theory, yes. I'm trying to configure a 3rd party application to connect to the API. Not really sure why I'm getting authentication errors, but the captcha is slowing my ability to debug the issue.

ahh I see.. hmmm.. I would 1st maybe use a dev instance, what is the 3rd party app?

Yeah, I probably should use a dev instance. I will try that today if my next attempt doesn't work. I'm trying to configure the new Hygieia Dashboard from Capital One.

I wouldn't say it is a security hole.. Plus you would turn it off if connected to Active Directory if it was being used for user management. So would depend on the use case.

But it is all or nothing if using JIRA to manage users

Tim, in your comment you mentioned that you were getting authentication errors and the captcha was being triggered for your service user.  Did you ever figure out why?  I am having the same problem (the password is correct for all requests).

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,006 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot