Is there a way to create reoccurring JIRA tasks to show up every month on a set date?

Bamini Subramanian October 11, 2019

Is there a way to create reoccurring JIRA tasks to show up every month on a set date? A plugin possibly? 

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2019

As Avinash elludes to there isn't a way OOTB but there are a number of good addons that will facilitate the requirement. I currently use Automation for Jira which works well for my needs but thee are many others you can use. In fact you may be using such an addon today that you could employ.

Bamini Subramanian October 15, 2019

Thank you Jack. I do have Automation for Jira, if it's ok would you mind telling me how you are using it for recurring jobs?

Bamini

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2019

you use the Schedule method rather than a trigger. here is how you access when creating new rule...

Project_automation_-_JIRA.jpg

0 votes
Answer accepted
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 11, 2019

Hi @Bamini Subramanian ,

With the help of The Scheduler app you will allows you to automate the process of creating recurring tasks in Jira.

Thanks,

Avinash

Bamini Subramanian October 15, 2019

Thank you Avinash, I can look into that. 

Bamini

Suggest an answer