• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • Is there a way to create issue use HTML link, the username and password is a settled account, but the reporter is another email different with the user name's email?

Is there a way to create issue use HTML link, the username and password is a settled account, but the reporter is another email different with the user name's email?

Di Wang July 13, 2011

I want to report a issue use HTML link, and there must be have a Jira account, so the issue can create successfully, so I set a settled account for user to create issue use the settled account, but i want the reporter is my user's email address. is there a way to make the reproter is different from the settled account?

1 answer

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2011

You can override the reporter if you have the right project permission, but the reporter must be a valid jira user, not an email address.

But you could set a custom field called say "ActualReporter" to the user's email address, and continue using the generic account.

Di Wang July 14, 2011

Hi Jamie:

can you sepicify what is the 'ActualReporter'? can you explain it to me。 My problem is my project use jira, so I want to reporter a issue from my project to Jira, but some user in my project havn't the jira account, so I used a settled Jira account to report issue to JIRA from my project, and if I use the settled account, the reporter is the settled account, and I havn't the right to modify reporter in jira, I only want to find a way to reporter a issue to Jira, and set the reporter is the user who use my project.

Di Wang July 14, 2011

Do you know the meaning of I said? I want to resolve this problem very much, so I send four questions yesterday. I am not family with JIRA, if you have some idea, please comment. thank you very much.

Di Wang July 14, 2011

$jiraUrl = "http://jira.intertechmedia.com/secure/CreateIssueDetails.jspa";
$jiraUrl .= "?pid=".$projectId;
$jiraUrl .= "&issuetype=".$issueType;
$jiraUrl .= "&summary=".urlencode($issueSubject);
$jiraUrl .= "&description=".rawurlencode($issueDescription);
$jiraUrl .= "&os_username=".rawurlencode($userName);
$jiraUrl .= "&os_password=".rawurlencode($password);
$jiraUrl .= "&priority=".$issuePriority;
$jiraUrl .= "&components=10290";

Di Wang July 14, 2011

The last comment is the code in my project, the username and password is a settled account in Jira, and if I used this code, the reporter is the userName, but I want the reporter is the user who use my project.They havn't a jira account. I couldn't find a way to resolve this problem, make the reporter become my project's user. I havn't the permissions to modify reporter in JIRA, so I want find a way to make the reporter is my project's user, it can be the email address of the project user.

Di Wang July 14, 2011

Hi Jamie:

if I set a custom field called "ActualReporter" use the email address, does the email address can get emailed back if there has some update?

thank you very much

Di Wang July 14, 2011

I have another question, I don't know whether there has a API which can create user for jira like createIssue, and whether there has a API to getUser use the user's email address(if I give the admin permission). like this: (in the url) getUser? userEmailAddress(admin username, password....) I don't know whether there has a API like this, Do you know?

Di Wang July 14, 2011

because my english is poor, thers has many mistakes in my sentence, so let you read it very difficult, if so, please forgive me. thanks

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2011

Hi - you just need to append "&customfield_11111=" + escape("the@email.com")

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2011

Hi Di -

Erm... I believe you can modify the notification scheme such that it will mail an email address specified by a custom field, although the custom field may need to be a User type. Take a look...

jamie

Di Wang July 16, 2011

Hi Jamie:

thank you very much, I find how to configure user custom field value in jira.

And I have another question, Do you know how to create or add a JIRA user use API? If there has a method to create a JIRA account user API like create issue? I want to create a JIRA account like the code in my comment(the code create issue in the comment).

thank you very much~

Suggest an answer