Is there a way to create a filter using a range of jira entries?

Andy October 10, 2017

Is anyone aware of a way to search for an "issue range" using the advanced jira search features?

For example: If I wanted to search and save a filter for issues CM-11000 to CM-11100, is there an easy way to type that in without doing every single one sequentially?

Right now, it seems like the only way to do this is something like [key in (CM-11000, CM-11001, CM-11002)] etc, etc and it will generate a filter with all the issues, but that's a crazy amount of time to spend creating something like that. 

I've been eugooglizing and searching the community for it without success, but it's definitely possible I'm not using the correct terms.

2 answers

4 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2017

You could use a JQL query such as

(key >= CM-11000 AND key <= CM-11100)

This in turn should be able to return all the issues that exist between those issue keys and including those two issues.   Not all fields will let you do comparisons like this, but the key field will.   It also might help to dig into the Advanced Searching documentation.

Sapna Mogili January 29, 2019

Thanks 

Hannah Pugel January 28, 2020

Super helpful, thank you.

Like Andy Heinzer likes this
0 votes
gary.redford November 22, 2022

why doesn't it work when you just use  "key >= CM-11000" ?   as this does not find anything

or

why doesn't this work either (key >= CM-11000 and key <= CM-99999) ?

Given that we know that there are many key #'s that are greater than CM-11000 and that if we just use a smaller range it would work, but if i do not know the highest number available, why not see what's greater than a  key number or a range of keys with a larger range ?

Suggest an answer