Is there a way to create a custom status category?

Jarred Alford
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 15, 2021

Is it possible to create a status category of Red for the Blocked status?  Currently, I only see Gray (To Do), Blue (In Progress), Green (Done).

2 answers

2 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2021

@Jarred Alford 

Welcome to the community.

That is not a feature that Atlassian will make available. See:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-36241

Tell us more about the background of why you want this, and maybe the community can suggest an alternate solution.

Michal Peroutka
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 13, 2021

"I understand that our decision may be disappointing. "

Yes its very dissapointing.

In the roadmap u have tasks in 3 categories

- TODO

- In Progres

- Done

But in reality u can have something like

- TODO

- In Progres

- Document

- Done

Its kinda big difference if u look to roadmap and see that epic has 80% of tasks In progress and 20% in Done

versus 

10% in progress, 70% to be documented and 20% done. For the first point of view it looks like that epic is in deep sh*t. In the other one its like 'oh development is done. just document it'.

Like Julien Fenerol likes this
Michiel Van der Lee
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 7, 2022

+1 for this. 
We would love a way to mark items as dev complete vs done. 
In our case Todo, in progress, deploy, done.

Like Julien Fenerol likes this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2022

@Michiel Van der Lee @Michal Peroutka 

I suggest you add your comments to the change request. Atlassian product owners/managers are more likely to monitor feedback on specific issues there than watching the thousands of posts in this community.

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 15, 2021

Hi @Jarred Alford,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

No, the status categories are predefined by Atlassian and you cannot add your own category to that list. 

John_Morales May 2, 2024

I voted for this feature

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events