Is there a way to connect to the jira cloud database using sql developer or squirrel sql client

Hi

Is there a way to connect to the jira cloud database using sql developer or squirrel sql client or is there a add on available that allows you to look at the database tables and write queries against them?

Kind Regards

Gurdipe

Mobile: 07879682511

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Yeah sorry to report, but the Jira Cloud database is not accessible to Cloud subscribers.   This is certainly something you could control if you were using the Server line of products as you would need to setup that up in order to connect Jira to a database on setup.

However the Cloud offerings do not provide a means to directly access the SQL database in any way.

Thank you for replying

This widget could not be displayed.

No.

And you shouldn't ever be connecting to a Jira database on any system.  Apart from some data related to bug fixing, SQL should not be used with Atlassian systems.  It is the worst possible way to report on Atlassian data, and you cannot write to an active system.

Thank you for replying

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

182 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you