Is there a way to check if an issue is cloned in create transition/post function via SIL?

Daniel Völker March 11, 2019

We use SIL to customize our Jira. There is a use case where I need to know in a script in the create transition, whether an issue is cloned or not. Is this possible with SIL?

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2020

Hello @Daniel Völker ,

The only way to find out if an issue was cloned, if you clone issues with a link to the source issue. Then you can have a look if an issue has the "cloned by" link and if it has, then this issue was cloned. 

Kaviraj Kyatam July 7, 2021

Hello @Alexey Matveev , 

I have tried this, but it return null values as the issue links are not yet stored in the data base, hence it is unable to identify whether it is a Cloned issue or normal create issue operation.

Is there any way we can add some pause in the create transition so that Issue links get updated in the database and scripts should works as expected ? Or do you have any other idea to identify this clone operation? Kindly suggest.

Thanks

Darshan.VPrasad January 16, 2023

Hi @Kaviraj Kyatam

I too have faced the same thing as the DB won't be updated as soon as it is created.
Did you find any solution to it? 

Suggest an answer