Is there a way to associate a sprint with the fixVersion?

Maddy Goodman October 5, 2017

I'm using JIRA v7.2.8 and I'm looking for a way to automatically update the fixVersion field based on the Sprint field or vice versa. I would like to use the fixVersion field to indicate which release the JIRA ticket will be included in and not utilize the sprint field (this is a small project where each release would only include one sprint so we would like to use one field or the other). I would like to view all issues on the backlog (on the same board) and group issues by version. The only way I've found that this is possible, is by adding a sprint for each version to the backlog and moving issues from each version into its own sprint (and manually updating the fixVersion field). Is there a way that the fixVersion can be associated with a sprint so that adding the issue to a sprint would automatically update the fixVersion field or vice versa so that updating the fixVersion field would pull the issue into the sprint on the backlog? I know you can search with JQL by either sprint or fixVersion and bulk edit, but I'm trying to streamline processes as much as possible.

2 answers

6 votes
Jake Shanesy May 30, 2018

Seconded. I would like to be able to drag and drop issues from sprint to sprint, and associate a sprint with a FixVersion so that the FixVersion automatically updates when I drag a story into a different sprint.

This is particularly important for the Aha! Integration in which Aha! works on a release-based system. The two platforms would be REALLY easy to keep in sync.

0 votes
Mark Hostetler June 28, 2019

Thirded(?). Directly associating a sprint to a version would save a lot of clicks and headaches.

Suggest an answer