Is there a way to add a link onto a JIRA dashboard?

talal.ahmed October 22, 2019

I can't add a link to a jira dashboard. I tried looking into a "text" gadget, but I do not see anything and I am an admin. Any ideas?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
robert Mugabuhamye
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2019

hello @talal.ahmed 

you do have a text gadget, but by default, it is disabled. 
you can check the documentation Here (look for the TEXT gadget).

If you are an admin and are aware of the risks explained in the doc, you can enable it or ask your admin to do so.

Regards

Tanveer Zubair March 21, 2023

We like to add only one time one link.  Is it possible to enable add a link and disable? Is the link will disappear or will not work?   Thanks

0 votes
Kim Euker
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2024

One simple, dynamic and elegant solution is to add an issue type to your project to hold URL's  Create a URL field.  If desired, you could add other fields to use for filtering which links appear where. 

On your Dashboard, create a Filter Results widget, Remove all default fields and add your new URL field.

The result will be a clickable link(s) to your URL (s).

2024-02-05_13-01-31.png

0 votes
Reza Zaraatkar September 28, 2023

Yes there is. Use TEXT gadget and it displays any text, formatted as HTML. This includes adding a URL. Surprisingly, it also displays the Jira advanced roadmap as a HTML page rather than just a link!

0 votes
Logan Hawkes March 30, 2022

Another way to go is to build a web page or a Confluence page that contains the links and embed that page into the Jira dashboard with the Custom Content for Jira add-on. That's overkill for just one instance, but if you do this kind of thing a lot...

Suggest an answer