Is there a way I can automatically trigger multiple 'Issue' creation whenever a new 'Project' is created?

Lokesh Madhwani November 27, 2012

Is there a way I can trigger multiple 'Issue' creation whenever a new 'Project' is created?

For example if I create a new Project Called 'Training' it should trigger the creation of a few Main Tasks under it instantly. Something similar to the concept of having multiple Sub tasks getting created when a certain Main Task type is created, but this should happen with a few Main Tasks as soon as a new Project is initialized/gets added.

Please let me know if I should provide a more detailed example.

1 answer

0 votes
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2012

HI,

This can be done, if you want proof whether it can be done, try installing jira 5.2 it will create a new project and it will create few issues for you under the project.

I will prefer doing this with REST using Java or perl or python. I am working in REST using perl. Try creation of a project and once you create the project, create few issues under the project.The below link will show how to use rest,

http://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/

Hope this helps.

Alok Juneja April 15, 2021

@Nitram Hi,

Would you please share more information on it. I am trying to achieve the same functionality. 

How REST api is connected when we create a new project from JIRA GUI.

Suggest an answer