Is there a setting for emails with .msg attachment?

Having an issue where Users are emailing an issue into my service desk with an attachment that is an email, i.e. .msg file type and it is not picking up the email to create the issue. Is there a setting i need to trigger?

1 answer

0 vote

No, there's no way that JIRA could know that an arbitrary attachment is an email.  You need to get your users to use "forward" properly instead of "create new email and attach another", or configure your mail server to stop doing it for them.

Hey Nic, thank you for your response. It is not a straight forward of an email though. it is occuring for example when we send in a Task with multiple email attachment as reference to the Issue being emailed. We can work around it by attaching the emails to the Task/Issue after the fact but not ideal. And was wondering if there is a setting that i missing.

I don't know what you are looking for when you say "setting". A setting for what? JIRA is picking up the incoming email and converting it to an issue. It has no way of knowing that arbitrary attachments are anything other than attachments. If you want multiple issues creating, stop attaching email and send them instead.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

147 views 1 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you