Is there a report that would track issues in progress?

Arman Nazari January 28, 2020

Currently on a project where we are tracking issues between ourselves and our client. Our process is for our team to work on each story and hand it over for the client to complete their portion of the story. Is there a type of report that would allow us to track progress of issues before they reach their point of resolution? The issue isn't completed, so I don't want to mark them as such. Ideally, I'm hoping for a report similar to the burndown/up chart that would show our overall issues' progress through each sprint. Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2020

Hello Arman,

Thank you for reaching out.

I'm not sure if I completely understood your request, but it seems you are looking for a report that would consider the issue in a burndown chart by the progress of your users instead of the resolution of the issues. Is that correct?

Please, allow me to bring some concepts so we can better know we are on the same page here:

The Burndown Chart Report of Jira application can be calculated in several ways: Time remaining, Story points, Issue count, etc.

Each of that metrics is calculated in a singular way. If you choose issue count, it will consider the resolution of issues when reflecting the chart. However, if you choose remaining/original estimation, it will consider the work logged and remaining time they have, not the resolution of issues.

That being said, you can use the Time tracking estimation in case you would like to track your team progress based in the time they logged in the issues instead of the issue resolution:

Configuring time tracking 

Please, let me know if it makes sense.

Suggest an answer