Is there a plugin that lets me assign/clone the same issue to multiple users in one hit?

Paul Harvey April 22, 2015

I often need to ask everyone in the organisation to do a certain task. What's the easiest way to create one task, then assign or clone it to all staff, such that I can see who's completed it and who hasn't?

2 answers

1 vote
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2015

Hello Paul,

You could try to use or create a notification scheme, and just assign the task to someone and see by your email who already completed the task.

0 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2015

I know an easy way to do it if your issues are subtasks, using the Quick Subtasks plugin. You would create multiple subtasks at once according to a pre-defined template, each with a specific assignee.

Other plugins I know will do a single clone of one issue, a single clone of a set or issues or a clone and move. And they might cost money, while Quick Subtasks is free.

Maybe you'd be able to use the Repeating Issues to create a batch of clones, and assign them afterwards?

Suggest an answer