Is there a method to set a 'reminder' on Confluence pages re: time-sensitive information?

Grant Taylor-Hill January 3, 2020

Hello!

I'm wondering if there's any way possible to set a 'reminder' on a Confluence page to trigger a notification when a page reaches a certain time since creation, or a certain age, for example.

For instance, if I have a page that details information for a product that will be phased out, can I have a reminder in place on that page to notify me on the date the product is decommissioned, so I can amend the page accordingly?

This would primarily be for the Cloud version of Confluence, but we also have an on-prem solution. 

Thanks! 

Grant

4 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2020

@Fadoua thank you for recommending Comala Workflows - now known as Comala Document Management! 

@Grant Taylor-Hill depending on your requirements you could consider:

• Comala Document Control (Cloud, Server and Data Center) - it includes an expiry workflow which a modifiable expiry date
  • Comala Document Management (Server and Data Center) - highly customisable workflows for your content, including setting expiry dates and defining actions to complete when the expiry date is reached.

Reach out to our support team if you require more information.

Please note that I work at Comalatech and there are other Atlassian apps on the Marketplace that may also suit your requirements

Kind regards

James
Senior Product Manager @ Comalatech

2 votes
Answer accepted
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2020

@Grant Taylor-Hill 

Without the use of a plugin, I don't think it is feasible.

(Not advertising for any vendor here) my first thought is Comala Workflows (not sure if they have them available for Cloud). You can set a date that way your pages can move to archived status after a certain amount of time or may be add a different condition. There is a lot that can be done with Comala. I will suggest you to check them.

Best,

Fadoua

2 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2023

We have released Better Content Archiving for Confluence Cloud a few weeks ago, but it has been available for Server and Data Center for 15 years.

You can set an expiration date on each page, blog post or even for a tree of pages (where you set the date once and then it is inherited by the children, grandchildren):

set-page-expiration-date.gif

...and then the app will send you (or the owner of the page, last modifier, specific user or users, specific group or groups) a customizable reminder email with the list of the pages that have reached their expiration date:

notification-email-outdated.png

As you wrote, this easy-to-set-up mechanism effectively automates the reviews of time-sensitive information. The app does a lot more than this (see the documentation), but it is a key feature of content review processes.

🔥 Try it free with your content on the Atlassian Marketplace

1 vote
Grant Taylor-Hill January 6, 2020

@Fadoua @James Conway

Thank you both very much for the recommendations - I'll check this out for sure! 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2020

@Grant Taylor-Hill  Thank you for accepting my answer!

Suggest an answer