Is there a limit to the number of fields available on a screen --

Pam Ross March 4, 2019

As the TAB function is not available, and we are unable to map screens to issue types - how do i allow a 'one size fits all issue screen'? with undocumented restrictions? 

Help please -- 

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2019

Every issue type should have it's own issue type screen. That gives each issue its own screens. The tabs are simply a logical grouping of fields to make it easier for humans. JIRA treats it as one screen under the covers. 

Pam Ross March 4, 2019

I totally agree with you -- otherwise, why have different issuetypes if they store the same information -- 

Why then are we only allowed 1 screen per project -- and why do many of the fields not show up? 

I did find that if i moved a 'system field' over to the new TAB, the tab will show up -- but then only that field will show -- 

I was hoping I could create a tab for each field for each issue type -- (which is not the ideal way to do it ) sad that we have only 1 set of screens per project -- and that All of the issue types have to use the same one -- yuk

pretty quirky -- 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2019

My guess is that you are on Cloud and you are using a "Next-gen" project?  These don't have the flexibility of "classic" projects (yet) - tabs and screen schemes are not available in them.

Pam Ross March 5, 2019

I did find out how to view the TABs == you must first move a 'system field' type over to the tab -- so you can view -- not very intuitive - but works - 

Suggest an answer