Is there a group that represent all users with access to the site?

Joan Andreu Juan Torrens August 29, 2022

I wonder if any group can represent all users that have access to the site but not specifically to any product.

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Simmons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2022

Hi @Joan Andreu Juan Torrens 

There's not a "group", just the members. However, if I may ask what problem you are trying to solve it might help with some ideas.

Take care,

Michael

Joan Andreu Juan Torrens August 30, 2022

Hello @Michael Simmons 

My purpose was to use a custom field users pick that could retrieve all users with access to the site. As for now I use a group created by ourselves that is given to all users and then I give this group a project role.

It is working, but we have to give that group to all new users.

And many thanks for your interest !

Michael Simmons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2022

Hi @Joan Andreu Juan Torrens 

Can you not use the default Jira group (or whatever group you use to give people access to Jira)?

Michael

Joan Andreu Juan Torrens August 31, 2022

No @Michael Simmons because some of them just have access to the site, not to any product. 

site-access.png

Michael Simmons
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 1, 2022

@Joan Andreu Juan Torrens I'm afraid there is no way to show non-Jira users in Jira.  Perhaps you could write some custom code, but other than that I'm afraid what you want to do is not possible within Jira.  Sorry!

Michael

If you accept this answer, please mark it as accepted.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events