Is there a filter to find WHO has last updated the Jira issue

Hira Ahmed Shaikh September 19, 2023

I have a filter that shows Daily Status Updates but I want to further add a column to show WHO (which user) has last updated the Jira issue.

I cannot use issuekeyIN updatedBy("") as it only works for a specific user. but i want to show all users who have last updated on an issue. 

4 answers

2 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 19, 2023

Hi @Hira Ahmed Shaikh,

I understand you want to see the user who last updated as issue in a filter view. Unfortunately I don't think this is easily possible. You might be able to use Jira Automation to read the user from the issue's history, and store it into a custom field.

Alternatively, if you are open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, this would be easy to do using the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a number of so-called smart columns that aren’t natively available, including last updated by user. This is how it looks in action:

last-updated-by-user.gif

As you can see above, you can easily sort and filter by last updated by user, and also use it across JXL's advanced features, such as support for (configurable) issue hierarchies, issue grouping by any issue field(s), sum-ups, or conditional formatting.

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

2 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2023

Hi @Hira Ahmed Shaikh , You are correct that the updatedby function only allows for a specific user parameter. If you're looking to record who made the latest update you could consider creating an automation rule in conjunction with a custom field.

trigger - issue updated

action - edit issue and set the custom field to the user who triggered the rule

1 vote
Tosin Ojikutu April 2, 2024

It's disappointing this column is not added by default. The information is there in the ticket history'. It should be easy to pull without all the workarounds 😢

Thank you everyone for your help by the way. 

Greg_Davis April 11, 2024

I couldn't agree more with this. It's the most natural thing in the world to need to see who updated the issue and for performance reasons it's super aggravating to have to make an additional rest call to get this from history.  

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2024

Agree.

my suggested solution of using Automation is sound if on premium but not so much standard now given automation rule caps on standard.

1 vote
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 19, 2023

Hi @Hira Ahmed Shaikh 

Maybe some of the following options can help.

1. If you want to check updaters for a single issue, you might do it with the help of History in the Activity section. You will see the last person who updated the issue.

history tab.jpg

2. Activity Stream Gadget on Jira Dashboard.

Activity Streams gadget.png

3. If you want to have the ability to add/remove any column based on issue fields (e.g., Updated by), check out Issue History for Jira app. My team developed it as a customizable report for daily team activities.

updated by jira.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events