Is there a dashboard gadget that totals estimates?

Jeff Isenberg October 8, 2012

I would like to have a 2 dimensional gadget for my dashboard that can display totals of Original Estimates, Remaining Estimates and Story Points so I can display charts like:

Total Original Estimate by Assignee (or Sprint or Team)

Total Remaining Estimate by Assignee (or Sprint or Team)

Total Story Points by Assignee (or Sprint or Team)

16 answers

1 vote
Nico Frossard - codefortynine June 9, 2020

If you are using Jira Cloud, the add-on Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards can implement these use cases (disclaimer: I am part of the team working on it).

The fields you are mentioning (Original Estimates, Remaining Estimates and Story Points) can be used in Two Dimensional Filter Statistics and shown as aggregated values. Also, any numeric field is supported, including custom fields.

As an example, here is how it looks like (showing Story Points for each Sprint and Component):

storyPointPerSprintAndComponent.png

1 vote
Jacques July 7, 2019

Hey all,

This is a really old ticket and since then there are few solutions for this. The best one I found is eazyBI which allows for a huge amount of reports. One of the reports could be the one requested here. This example shows how it is able to chart estimated, logged and remaining hours per month. A similar report can easily be set up for sprints and story points. I've been using the tool quite some time now and I have not yet found any limit it can't reach.

Hope this helps!
--- Jacques.

0 votes
Jose Boretto Blengino October 14, 2020

+1

0 votes
Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2020

The Rich filters app will do the job for you.

aaaa.png

0 votes
Aaron Buchanan June 29, 2019

How is this not a resolved thing? 

0 votes
Keremet Joldoshbekova August 9, 2018

+1

0 votes
Daniel Kuhlwein May 24, 2018

+1

0 votes
Bonnie Tiedt March 2, 2018

I have a filter to list open tickets for the current sprint.  On my dashboard I then use the workload pie using Assignee for the statistic type and Current Estimate for the time field to report on. Hope this helps. 

Andreas Poulsen February 7, 2019

Thanks Bonnie! Did it for me. A table solution would be nice also

Lacey McDonnell May 6, 2019

Is the workload pie a specific plugin as well? 

0 votes
Ender Akgün October 31, 2017

+1

Ram Limbu January 4, 2018

+1

0 votes
Karly Sindy July 7, 2017

+1

0 votes
Brittany Woerner May 4, 2017

Hello, is there any update on this? I am looking for a gadget which provides this information. Thanks

0 votes
Deleted user June 23, 2016

+1 for this plugin

0 votes
Jacques
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2016

I'm also looking for this!

0 votes
Matthew Smith January 6, 2016

Also looking for this. Also helpful would be:

Total Original Estimate by Priority

to help with the grooming process.

0 votes
Tim Brewington February 25, 2014

also looking for this

0 votes
Rob Hoffman July 27, 2013

I need the same! Did you ever get an answer to this?

Suggest an answer