Is there a chart to track tasks?

Saranya Ramachandran October 3, 2019

I have several tasks in a user story that I would like to track the completion on a day to day basis.

Is there a chart that can show me burn down by tasks?

1 answer

0 votes
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2019

Hi @Saranya Ramachandran ,

The closest you can get to this out of the box is an Epic burndown report. That will let you track the completion on all of the issues under an epic. Jira does not have a burndown for issues with sub-tasks. 

Try using a Cumulative Flow Diagram with a custom quick filter. If your main board/filter includes the subtasks then you might be able to create a quick filter in the board settings for the report that allows you to select all of the subtasks under a user story.  

-Scott

EDIT: Here is a bit more help. Set up the quick filter on the board with the jql "parent = TEST-1234" where the issue key  is the user story with the subtasks. When you apply that quick filter it will pull just the subtasks for that user story. You'll have to edit the filter each time you want a different user story, but at least it's a halfway decent workaround. It might even work for the psrint burndown report.  Good luck, let me know if this works!

Suggest an answer