Is there a built in report for Story Point progress for a Project?

Trudy Claspill January 4, 2016

We have a team that wants to track issue progress based on story points for an entire project, not just for a sprint period. Is there a built in report for this?

3 answers

0 votes
Rhys Diab _Agile Docs_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 3, 2019

Hi Trudy,

A bit late, but if your team is using Epics, you can use Agile Docs to get a readout of the story point or time tracking progress of your entire project. 

agile-docs-product.png

Hope that helps!

Rhys.

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2016

Hi @Trudy Claspill

I see from your other comment that you are on JIRA 6.3.12. So here is an option for you to consider.

Rather than using the Agile reports you can use a dashboard gadget that provides you with the ability to total values (such as https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.eazybi.jira.plugins.eazybi-jira/server/overview) to calculate and then display the number of story points in each status. You could also use different filters to reflect different periods of time as well. There are of course lots of different ways of cutting this information up but at the end of the day it is not really setup to show you progress against story points over an extended period.

If you are using Releases you can look at a limited amount of information with the release burndown which will show last 5 sprints and future predictions... See https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile067/jira-agile-user-s-guide/using-a-board/using-reports/viewing-the-release-burndown for more detail.

Good luck with finding a solution.

Phill

Trudy Claspill January 5, 2016

Thanks, Phil, for the suggestions. The group does not appear to be using Releases in an appropriate way either. They have done some really weird things with their JIRA projects and agile boards, without having a good understanding of how JIRA works and without asking for help from the people with the expertise. :-( Trying to get them what they want at this point without restructuring is going to be very difficult and time consuming.

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2016

Users are able to challenge in the most surprising of ways... Hopefully your work with them on restructuring will help them go forward in a more informed way.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2016

Nothing directly.

Are you using EPIC? You can track it on the "Backlog" view. 

What version of JIRA Agile do you have? In your project overview page (e.g. myjira.com/browse/MYPROEJCT), open the "Overview" tab and click the "Agile" tab and play around with it and see if there's info you can use or maybe switch to the other tabs smile

Trudy Claspill January 4, 2016

Thank you for the suggestions. We are using JIRA 6.3.12. Epics was my first thought also, but the team is using Epics to track groupings of issues in yet another way. So, using Epics for this is not an option at this point. I have looked through all the existing reports for projects and Agile boards, and not found anything that will work. The team has over complicated their use of JIRA and dug themselves into a hole. I was hoping there was a built in report for this so I wouldn't have to advise them to restructure what they have done.

Suggest an answer