Is there a Gadget to show sprint story points by assignee?

Susmita Gurung September 22, 2017

I was wondering if there is a Gadget to show sprint story points by assignee? I can't seem to find a gadget for the dashboard that does this.

8 answers

36 votes
Piers MacDonald April 28, 2020

This is my Jira Cloud experience in a nutshell:

"Is there a basic feature I'm looking for?"
"No but there's someone willing to charge you $200/month for it"

Repeat a dozen times.

Brett Moody May 4, 2020

Same. Terrible support.

Like # people like this
Duke Coulbanis August 11, 2020

Sadly, this is my experience too. Jira becomes prohibitively expensive very very quickly.

Like # people like this
Deleted user January 19, 2021

It is a shame that story points are not available in dashboard gadgets out-of-the-box.   This is fundamental data and shouldn't require add-ons.   We run several of our SCRUM ceremonies from dashboards, which in general allow us to run these meetings efficiently.  Makes no sense to have to jump elsewhere in Jira to find data about Story Points. 

Like # people like this
Yeung, Ovey CITZ:EX June 16, 2021
Like rifaat bachir likes this
Jonathan Engel August 15, 2022

@Piers MacDonald It's refreshing to hear someone say what most of us are thinking. This is almost verbatim what I have to say to my CEO at almost every Technical briefing. I can understand his surprise, since Jira remains probably the most feature rich software of its' kind... that being said, these frequent and arbitrary gaps are a constant pall on an otherwise great software.

Also, I agree with the poster, we need more Story Point centric gadgets.

Like # people like this
rifaat bachir
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 28, 2023

It is a shame ;-( specially while JIRA CLAIMS to be an Agile/Scrum tool. Story Point is one of the basic attributes of any ticket.
Maybe repeating but, my experience is: ALMOST every question the answer is from a  Marketplace vendor NOT Atlassian Support (as if Atlassian tools are open source).

3 votes
Raimundas Juska
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2018

At the time of writing this, there is no built in way for such gadget. However, there is a custom add-on specifically for this - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219429/status-progress-report-gadget-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

2 votes
Casey Jones April 16, 2021

It won't sum it up for you, but you can add a filter results gadget. Create a filter for all tickets in your sprint, and delete all fields except assignee and story points.

You can then sort by assignee and it will list all tickets w/story points

0 votes
Janio November 16, 2023

No, but here's a feature request asking for it with 1,100 votes currently. They responded in February that they're working on other items. 

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 27, 2021

You can sum up story points per assignee with our Jira cloud app Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards. There might be also other apps in the Atlassian Marketplace that can do that.

With our app you can also aggregate any other Jira number field.

Don't hesitate to contact us if you have questions or feedback.

quick-filters-jira_sum-up-story-points.png

Peerasin Klaysuwan January 20, 2023

I don't see Story point (Sum) in my config, can you share the configuration to me please 

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 23, 2023

Welcome to the community, @Peerasin Klaysuwan.

This is how the config of the "Quick Issue Statistics" gadget looks like. 

When you add our gadget to your Jira dashboard, make sure to add the "Quick Issue Statistics" gadget instead of "Issue Statistics". 

quick-filters-jira_issue-statistics_story-points-config.png

Like Peerasin Klaysuwan likes this
Peerasin Klaysuwan January 23, 2023

Hi @Marlene Kegel - codefortynine 

My company's Jira Cloud doesn't have this plugin, could you please let me know which plugin or configuration I can use to display the Story point on Jira Dashboard

Thank you  

Marketplace Partner
January 23, 2023

As far as I know there is no standard gadget which sums up story points. But you can see the sum of story points in the backlog view of your project. 

Peerasin Klaysuwan January 24, 2023

Thanks for the info, I will try using the gadget "Quick Issue Statistics"

Peerasin Klaysuwan January 24, 2023

Hi @Marlene Kegel - codefortynine 

I've tried Quick Issue Statistics, but I found the issue with summing up the Story Point

In picture No.1,
the sum value on the left side is 53.5
but actually, the velocity point is 45.5 which you can see on the right side

In picture No.2,
I've tried to query the difference between the velocity chart and the result from Quick Issue Statistics, and I found out that if the story cannot finish in the sprint and move to finish the next sprint, it will show the Story Point for both sprints
in my case, 8 points have been included in sprint [TYC] (2023) S01 - A and sprint  [TYC] (2023) S02 - A 
quickissue.png

Marketplace Partner
January 24, 2023

Hi @Peerasin Klaysuwan,

Thank you for sharing this issue with me. It would be great if you could reach out to our support so our Dev team can have a closer look at this.

Thank you! 

Like Peerasin Klaysuwan likes this
0 votes
Richard Herman August 24, 2020

Same here. any way this can be accomplished on JIRA cloud.  Am trying to find Assignee vs SP in various status in the workflow.

0 votes
neli_trosic July 15, 2020

Any news on that one, as I'm missing that one as well

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2020

Hi @neli_trosic,

maybe I can be of help here. I'm part of the team behind "sumUp for Jira" which is available for Jira Cloud. It adds a set of gadgets to Jira and one of them is the "Grouped Filter Results" gadget which should be a possible solution for the aforementioned use case. The configuration of the gadget will take like 3 steps:

1. Select a saved filter or use a JQL query in the gadget.
  2. Select the field(s) to display (and sum up).
  3. Select the field to group the issues by.

Let me know if you have a different use case. Maybe we can help you with that as well in the community. :)

Best, Max

Mai Abu Kefoh September 26, 2021

@Max Foerster - K15t Where can I find this "sumUp for Jira" or "Grouped Filter Results" gadget?

Waiting for your reply.

Like Max Foerster - K15t likes this
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2021

Hi @Mai Abu Kefoh

Welcome to the community 👋🏼 

You first need to add the app to your Jira site. This can be done from within Jira. Look at the top navigation bar and go to Apps -> "Find new apps" and search for it there. You can then start a free trial. Or do the same for your Jira site from the Atlassian Marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211625/sumup-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

After adding it to Jira, you can access the gadgets from the list of all gadgets on any dashboard and add it from there. We also put together a little help in our documentation: Install sumUp for Jira Cloud  Let me know if you need further assistance. :) Best, Max

Like Mai Abu Kefoh likes this
0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2017

There is no default gadget I think but you can find this info from the scrum board itself.

Click on the three dots near the sprint name in the backlog view and you can see the story points per assignee. Will that help?

Yashpal Meena June 6, 2020

This is one way but at the end assignee don't remain same. They change according to workflow. Like when development is done - assignee becomes QA/Testers. Then it might go to Product team for final review. So, can not track this way.

What I want a simple gadget which can take following parameters:

- Filter (JQL or Sprint value)

- Group by (Assignee or any filter like custom field Developer/Reporter etc)

It can show how many story points were taken and how many delivered by particular filtered user in given sprint. 

But it is not possible right now.

Like Paige Williams likes this
Kimberly Luttenbacher January 6, 2022

Getting the info on a sprint-by-sprint basis doesn't really help when my team is trying to monitor several sprints simultaneously and make sure everyone's workload stays within reason.  This is a feature that really needs to exist BY DEFAULT in Jira. 

I have the ability to add a statistics widget for T-shirt sizes for my team, but not assigned story points per sprint.  Great work.

Like # people like this
Valerie Prater September 19, 2023

What she said!

Suggest an answer